- $92,620.00 -127,300.00/year*
67 Orchard View Rd
Are you interested in joining a community of diverse, dynamic, professional engineers? Are you a Software Engineer who is looking for an opportunity to work in a collaborative environment which is characterized by respect for the individual and working in a team setting? Our company is focused on achieving excellence through thought and team work while leveraging individual diversity. Our team makes a difference in protecting our military men and women both at home and overseas.
We have an opportunity for software engineers within the Integrated Sensor and Systems Software Department in Portsmouth, RI. The Integrated Sensor and Systems Software Department mission is to provide world class software to be used in military systems deployed at sea and on land. Our software teams employ an Agile Scrum process to rapidly design, code, integrate and test capabilities on a continuous basis into a mature solution for our customers. We strive for technical excellence by drawing upon a diverse workforce whose knowledge base covers the complete spectrum of modern computing languages and platforms.
A work/life balance is an important value at Raytheon. Our 9/80 work schedule offers flexibility to help successfully balance the work/life commitments. Located in scenic Portsmouth, RI, our facility has miles of nature trails, and it is located just five miles from historic Newport RI. It contains a fitness center with locker rooms, a dining center, research library and a fully staffed medical facility. The Young Employee Success Network (YESNET) is one of Raytheon s employee resource groups with a focus on networking, new hire outreach, career development and community service.
These positions on a variety of software development teams which support the integration of the AN/SPY-6 radar, mine hunting programs, surface ship and submarine command and control systems, as well as internal research programs focused on the latest technologies. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, implementing, debugging and fixing problems with the software applications, and supporting software integration and verification efforts. Our software applications are developed primarily using C++ and Java programming languages running Linux or UNIX operating systems on a variety of computing platforms. There will be travel opportunities to sites across the country to support system integration activities.
- 4+ years experience on all phases of Software Engineering including
- 4+ year experience with C++ or Java
- 4 years Linux or UNIX experience
- Experience developing software in a team based development environment, preferably Agile/SCRUM
- Strong verbal communication
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Existing secret clearance
- Broad real-time software development experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in Agile development methods, including Scrum, automated testing and continuous integration
- Software development experience in a DoD environment
- Radar domain and Aegis Baseline 10 interface knowledge
- Sonar domain knowledge
- Strong problem solving ability
- Self-starter and ability to lead development, integration and test activities
- Familiarity with the following Software Tools: Rational Rhapsody, ClearCase and Team Concert, Jenkins, DOORS
- Strong Object-Oriented Design Knowledge including UML
Required Education (including Major):
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering,Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics, or related engineering/science discipline.
Key words: C++, object oriented, software engineer, software developer, Java
At Raytheon, we innovate to create solutions and solve complex challenges across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. In doing so, we embrace the talent, expertise and perspectives of our diverse workforce, each bringing their skills, ideas and dedication to the work we do. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers, industry partners and our teammates, making a positive impact not only to our business, but also in our communities where we live and work. Our constant innovation is made possible by a strong culture, investing in our people, and an unwavering vision that s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative bsolutions to make the world a safer place.
Raytheon has been recognized as a respected employer and valued corporate citizen for our employment practices, programs and community support by a number of highly-regarded organizations. The list includes: Forbes, Glassdoor, National Veterans Small Business Association, Corporate Responsibility Magazine, Environmental Protection Agency, Affinity Inc. and many more.What We Offer:
Whether you re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers
a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and
work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include
paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America s Best Employers by visiting us online at www.raytheon.com.Requisition ID
139077BRBusiness Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.Clearance Type
Secret Relocation Eligible
Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Software EngineeringWork Location
RI - Portsmouth Type Of Job
Full TimePosting Title
Software Engineer (Jr to Mid-level) - INTEGRATED WARFARE & SENSORJob Function
Engineering & Sciences U.S. FLSA Classification
Associated topics: application, c c++, c#, develop, java, matlab, perl, software development engineer, software programmer, sw
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...