- $110,170.00 -162,330.00/year*
67 Orchard View Rd
Security - Cyber Defense Technologist, ISSOJob Description:
This position is for an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) at Raytheon, Portsmouth, RI. The ISSO provides support to classified computing environments. This person will be responsible for assisting in the development and enforcement of information systems security procedures in accordance with company and government regulations and policies. The ISSO will be responsible for system compliance, auditing, security plan development and delivering information systems security education and awareness. The ISSO will assist in investigating information system security violations and helps prepare reports specifying corrective and preventative actions. The position routinely interfaces with their facility security team, program personnel and government representatives. This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
This position is ERIP eligible
Capped relocation support is available to the selected applicant if eligible per Company policy. Amount of budget to be discussed at the appropriate time. This position requiresthe ability to obtain aU.S. Security Clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.Required Skills:
* G07 Two (2+) years relevant experience working with and/or supporting computer technologies (such as: Microsoft Office applications, databases, operating systems or computer network hardware)
* This position requiresthe ability to obtain aU.S. Security Clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
* Ability to obtain and maintain Information Security professional certification commensurate with DoD 8570.1-M Level 2 requirements (Security+ or other) within six months of hire date. Desired Skills:
* Existing DoD SECRET Clearance
* Working experience with operating systems; Solaris, HPUX, Linux, or Windows
* Experience working with government regulations, such as NISPOM, JAFAN, JSIG, DIACAP and Risk Management Framework. Regulation is based on customer requirements
* Experience supporting various system configurations (Stand Alone, Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks)
* Preparation of Assessment and Authorization documents and procedures
* Ability to deliver Information Assurance (IA) related briefings and training material
* Self-motivated and possess good written, verbal, listening and presentation skills, particularly in documenting evaluation results
* Previous experience working in a classified information systems environment
* Desire and ability to work as a team member
* Knowledge of Six Sigma and statistical techniques
* Customer focused, adaptable and willing to work varying assignments
* Familiarity with Test Equipment and Sanitization Procedures
* Organizational skills to include: attention to detail, time management and ability to multitask
* Must be flexible and work with general supervision
* Experience with audit reviews such as: physical security, network and application, password administration, file access privileges, etc.
* Security+ or similar 8570 certification Required Education:
* Bachelor's Degree in either Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Information Technology, Criminal Justice, Business or other relevant degree OR 8 years related experience in lieu of degreeDesired Education:
The following courses can be completed at the DSS Training Website:
* NISPOM Chapter 8 Requirements for Industry (IS201.16)
* Introduction to Industrial Security (IS011.16 / .06)
* Safeguarding Classified Information (IS109.16 / .06)
* OPSEC Security Awareness(GS130.16)
* Cyber Security Awareness(CI130.16)
* Introduction to the Risk Management Framework (RMF) (CS124.16)
* Risk Management Framework (RMF) Curricula (CS100.CU)
* Continuous Monitoring (CS200.16)
* Special Access Program Overview (SA001.16/06)
All these job responsibilities are to be executed in harmony with Raytheon's Code of Business Ethics and Conduct policy which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat others.
Key Words: NISPOM DD254 Security Windows UNIX LINUX Information Systems Security Information Assurance
Certification and Accreditation Cyber Software Engineer Computer Science MIS Management Information Systems ISSO CISSP CISM JAFAN JSIG DCID ISSM Information Security Information Technology IT Auditing Cyber DSS C&A IA IAM IAO Information Systems Security Officer Information Systems Security Manager Microsoft Windows Office UNIX Linux HPUX Solaris, Cybersecurity Whats YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. Were inspired by a noble mission thats shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.What We Offer:
Whether youre just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of Americas Best Employers by visiting us online at www.raytheon.com
Dont miss out on whats happening at Raytheon. Are you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?
Raytheon: Making the World a Safer Place
Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth.\"
- Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive OfficerRequisition ID
142881BRBusiness Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.Clearance Type
Secret Relocation Eligible
Cyber Jobs, Information and Knowledge Systems, SecurityWork Location
RI - Portsmouth Type Of Job
Full TimePosting Title
Cyber Defense Technologist, ISSOJob Function
Information Technology U.S. FLSA Classification
Associated topics: active secret clearance, advance national agency check with inquiries, anaci, naclc, national agency check with law and credit, secret, security clearance, security investigation
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...