Calling all aspiring copywriters and other alliteration artists with a knack for digital technologies and creative production. MediaMonks has an exciting opportunity for a writing wunderkind who can craft excellent copy in English and is keen to get even better.
About the Position
- As a copy intern at MediaMonks, you ll help to write copy for the world s leading agencies and their brands who seek us for the creative production of their digital projects and campaigns.
- You ll support our teams by writing and editing copy for proposals and running projects (that s right: pitching, producing and polishing).
- You help to secure, shape, and sell our projects through alliteration and other rhetorical means, always championing clarity over cleverness.
- In some cases, projects will literally be small, such as when writing short copy for display ads, buttons and social posts.
- In other cases, you ll be assisting on bigger projects like digital platforms and interactive campaigns by contributing (copy) ideas and improvements.
- In any case, you will be part and pencil of the most prolific production company on the planet, operating as one office across teams and time zones with 1,000+ Monks and counting.
About the Internship
- During this paid internship, you will support our copy crew at the MediaMonks Mothership in Hilversum ().
- You ll be part of a small but significant team that works closely together in pursuit of the best words.
- The internship is as hands-on as it gets; you will do actual work on actual projects.
- While there will be plenty of guidance, feedback and Friday drinks, we very much believe in the idea of learning through labour .
- This internship should be considered a full-time traineeship, with no time for regular coursework or (graduation) projects other than your internship report.
- This internship should last for a minimum of 4 months, ideally coinciding with your graduation so you can join us after the fact if all goes well.
- You are currently enrolled in the final year of a higher education programme, almost ready to become a copywriter-for-a-living for life.
- You re an impeccable English writer. This doesn t mean you have to be native English you are way better than the average native writer.
- You can convince without needing fancy jargon, big words, or stepping into the pitfall of bullshit.
- You can write creative copy from scratch as well as enhance ideas written by others.
- As an editor, you are the change you want to see in the word. You improve what is said, not just how it s said.
- Creatively, you re made of ones and zeros and have ideas for anything from websites and mobile apps to virtual reality experiences, and interactive films.
- You know how to present ideas and convey the points needed to sell a job.
- As part of a constant but constructive feedback loop, you can give and handle criticism without making or taking it personal.
- You are all about The Work and becoming a better writer.
- At the same time, you know how to make a case for your copy, always being able to explain why you went with a specific word or line.
- Yes, you need to be creative, but there are few things as compelling as a logical argument.
Being an intern at MediaMonks is simply awesome. You ll get to contribute to interesting projects for A-list brands from around the world, as well as our company culture. You can enjoy a delicious lunch, help us win all the awards and join our winter sports trip if you re able to stick around after your internship. With this prospect in mind, our ideal candidate is someone who s looking to kick-start their career with a head start.
MediaMonks stands for equal-opportunity employment and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. Please be attentive to the requirements and accompany your application with (copy)writing samples and a cover letter for this internship (consider this a first assessment). Questions?omnya@mediamonks. comhas the answers.