Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth.
Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at to learn more.
Broadridge is currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer specializing in Cold Fusion to join our growing Investor Communications Technology Development team in Deer Park, NY.
Are you looking to work among a dynamic and creative team? Would you like to explore an opportunity within a growing S&P 500 organization on Long Island? Do you have a real passion for technology? If so, we'd love to hear from you. Responsibilities:
- You will handle technical implementation, code quality and overall productivity of the development team, ensuring technical standards and Broadridge principles are adhered to on continuous basis.
- You'll own and handle day to day work of the team (a mix of on and off-shore).
- Clearly communicates and sets expectations of all developer tasks.
- Closely work with multiple groups to review work (architecture, code, etc.) for multiple projects. Additionally, work with architecture, security and technical services team on the same.
- Works with senior leaders within the application technology group to architect solutions with technical vision, maintainability and total cost of ownership in mind.
- You'll provide technical leadership to developers in a variety of duties including data design, coding, testing, technical design, development, and troubleshooting.
- Coordinates & documents: daily standup meetings between all of the developers to review progress, and remove impediments/needs/roadblocks. Weekly meetings with Business, QA, and Infrastructure teams to review progress of all pending projects, and help coordinate to remove impediments/roadblocks.
- Provides weekly statuses & estimates of all priority and non-priority projects along with recommended scope or schedule changes based on capacity and unforeseen challenges. Weekly review of all change requests (CAFs).
- Inspires, mentors and trains development team on modern technologies continuously.
- Coordinates with QA and Infrastructure teams as needed. Participates in strategic planning discussions with technical, business, and client partners.
- Coordinates and Supports application deployments.
- Provides technical support including participation in on call rotation.
- Assist in the hiring process to hire top talent and in the performance evaluations of team members, identifying areas of improvement.
- BS in related field preferred
- 7+ years of experience within a programming and application system environment with solid experience and a working knowledge in the following:
- 5+ years of experience with SQL Server 20xx
- Experience creating web services (SOAP, REST, CF)
- Strong application architecture skills
- Demonstrated experience in profiling and performance analysis/troubleshooting of Cold Fusion applications and the underlying infrastructure
- Excellent organizational skills, oral and written communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Solid analytical skills, especially in area of translating business requirements into technical design -- with a continuous focus on aligning technical roadmap with the immediate and long-term Business strategy
Knowledge of the following is a plus:
- Document composition tool experience (Exstream, GMC, XMPie, etc)
- Experience with .NET (C#, etc), Web API, IIS
- Prior experience working with Perforce, Angular JS, Single Sign On (SAML) - SiteMinder
- Flexible self-starter, who enjoys solving technical challenges and problems with solid communication skills.
- Passionate teammate who understands and respects personal & cultural differences
- Ability to work under pressure and be highly adaptable #LI-ME1
Associated topics: .net, architect, backend, c, c/c++, design, devops, perl, php, senior
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...