In a career as an Awake Overnight Residential Counselor, you have the ability to impact a child's life. Youth come to Boys Town for a variety of reasons ? family issues, abuse, neglect, abandonment, involvement in the juvenile justice system and so on. You come in by giving youth the support they need during some of their most valuable hours into the night.
* Provide a safe environment through effective monitoring of the youth and the physical property during overnight hours.
* Document objective observations of overnight youth activity; record, update and enter significant information and incidents.
* Notify appropriate personnel immediately in the incident of a safety issue or a behavioral incident by one of the children in care.
* Monitor youth constantly by remaining awake and alert, and circulating between various locations.
* Attend to youth medical and physical conditions through monitoring and notify appropriate staff when necessary.
* Recognize and prompt youth on appropriate behaviors and skills.
* Utilize Boys Town vehicle to transport youth as needed.
* High school diploma or equivalent; post-secondary education is preferred.
* Previous experience working with at risk children is preferred.
* Must be at least 21 years of age and available to work flexible hours.
* Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
* Ability to adapt responses to situations while maintaining procedural and regulatory integrity.
* Ability to communicate in an articulate, professional manner.
About Boys Town New England:
Since opening in 1991, Boys Town New England services and programs touch the lives of 8,000 children and families in each year.
The opportunity to shape the future of America's youth is only one of the many perks here at Boys Town New England. Our work culture recognizes the importance of furthering your education, and in order to do so we offer a number of tuition assistance and scholarship opportunities to make it happen. We also recognize the significance of being involved with our community, which means our team participates number of events such as the Newport Marathon, our annual Spirit of Youth Gala and a Christmas tree lighting on our own campus. We want to support and celebrate you as a member of our Boys Town family through all-staff cookouts, generous time off for vacation and an emphasis on leadership development here on the beautiful east coast.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. As one of the country's largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. From our start in 1917, we're poised to make even greater strides forward as we lead the way in changing how America cares for children, families and communities for the next 100 years.
Schedule: Full-Time Awake Overnight
Date Posted: July 9, 2019
Job ID: 13875
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-###-####.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.