Function: Provides superior customer service by responding to high volume telephone and/or email inquiries, requests and issues and proactively addressing customer inquiries/concerns Researches and resolves problems and errors by taking ownership and following through to resolution. Actively expands existing customer relationships by identifying needs and cross selling products and services in both an inbound and outbound call environment. Adheres to Critical Staffing Plan when necessary.
Sales and Servicing
* Provides customers with information regarding products and services, rates, service charges and fees as well as other relevant information
* Looks for additional opportunities to assist customers based on their needs
* Maintains a high level of knowledge regarding all deposit products and services as well as basic consumer loan products
* Understands business partner relationships and refers to other team members in accordance with Bank strategy
* Demonstrates ability to handle routine service issues independently, consults with appropriate staff for advanced problem resolution
* Answers written and telephone inquiries from customers concerning bank services
* May participate in the following proactive calling efforts; which may include, but is not limited to: New Customer On-Boarding, Overdraft Usage Counseling, Specialized Calling Projects, and Suspicious Debit Card Activity
* Works in conjunction with Bangor Support Leadership to decision fee rebates and waivers for customers
Senior Bangor Support Associate additional responsibilities
* Provides more complex Online Banking support
* Reviews and makes decisions on Online Banking Applications submitted by customers
* Facilitates daily Department Connect meetings
* Makes exceptions on Debit Cards including limits and usage restrictions
* Assists in new hire education by providing on the job training
* Provides more advanced support of new products including new deposit accounts and new loan support
* Acts as liaison for customers to provide first-call resolution by coordinating and following up with other departments or lines of business as appropriate
* Communicates with customers routinely via e-mail & chat
Compliance and Control
* Assists in ensuring that the Bank is in compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
* Possesses a thorough knowledge of Bank policies, procedures and regulations.
* Provides information on suspicious customer activity or identity theft to appropriate parties
* Maintains flexibility with both work duties and assigned scheduling.
* Interacts harmoniously and effectively with others, focusing upon the attainment of bank goals and objectives through a commitment to teamwork.
* Conforms to acceptable punctuality/attendance standards as expressed in the Employee Handbook.
* Performs additional duties as requested.
* Adaptability/Flexibility - Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new challenges.
* Initiative - Takes action; operates as a pro-active self starter; acts on opportunities to improve.
* Integrity/Ethics - Deals with others in a straightforward, honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, and conveys news good or bad with professionalism.
* Interpersonal Skills - Has excellent listening skills.
* Productivity - Manages time well, handles information flow well, accepts accountability.
* Teamwork - Promotes a team atmosphere, selflessly pitches in, shares information, partners well with others, willingly assists co-workers and shares responsibilities.
* High School diploma required.
* Demonstrated superior customer service skills.
* Strong verbal communication skills.
* Ability to maintain composure and professionalism during challenging calls.
* Self motivated and open to new challenges.
* Demonstrated success in problem solving and resolving customer issues/concerns
* Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
External and internal applications, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on an individual basis.
Please note, as an internal applicant you will be receiving the same thank you/confirmation email as external applicants because of an inability to customize based on applicant type.
Associated topics: collection analyst, loan originator, mortgage loan, mortgage officer, mortgage underwriter, officer, personal banker i, relationship, representative, sale
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.