- $27,330.00 -37,950.00/year*
67 Orchard View Rd
The Senior Facilities and Utilities Engineer is responsible for providing HVAC/Utilities/Architectural/Fire Protection/Fire Alarm engineering support at the Amgen Rhode Island site.
- Provide technical expertise to lead facilities & utilities capital projects (both GMP and non GMP)
- Interact with Insurance provider, regulatory bodies, Building Officials & Fire Marshall's
- Interact with A&E and CM firms to deliver projects on budget and schedule
- Troubleshoot and resolve equipment and automation issues in the field
- Ensure optimal and cost-effective performance and reliability for facilities and utility systems
- Develop, organize, analyze, and present results for operational issues and engineering projects of moderate scope and complexity
- Support development of life cycle management strategies for facilities and utility systems
- Doctorate degree
- Master's degree and 3 years of Operations or Engineering experience
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of Operations or Engineering experience
- Associate's degree and 10 years of Operations or Engineering experience
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Operations or Engineering experience
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Architectural Engineering or related technical field
- 5+ years experience in engineering in a manufacturing support environment with some experience of GMPs in the Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology or Semi-conductor industries.
- Experience managing projects of small/medium size from concept to funding approval/execution - requirements definition, options analysis, all design phases/review/approval
- Experience with Commissioning up of facilities & utility systems
- Experience with freezers/cold rooms, HVAC systems, fume hoods, bio-safety cabinets, laminar flow benches, chiller & cooling tower systems, fire protection, fire alarm, close loop pumping systems, electrical systems/motor controls, building automation, chemical storage & handling, H-occupancies, laboratory equipment/laboratory gasses, vacuum systems, boilers and steam/condensate handling, compressed air/gasses, cryo-gasses, fuel handling systems, tank farm, data centers, architectural/roofing systems, elevators, material handling equipment, warehouses & loading dock equipment, parking structures, underground piping/utilities
- Detailed understand of Building Codes, including chemical usage & hazardous classification
- Direct experience with regulated environments (i.e. cGMP, OSHA, EPA) including understanding of cGMPs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and facilitation skills and ability to work in a collaborative team based environment.
- Ability to apply analytical skills to evaluate and interpret complex problems using multiple sources of information
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence cross-functional projects teams and embrace a team-based culture
- Familiarity with designing and operating equipment used in biopharmaceutical manufacturing
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: bio, biomaterials, biomechanics, metabolic, msat, neuro, neurodegenerative, neuroscience, pain, pharmaceutical
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...